Friday, August 27, 2010

I've Been Eating A Lot of Sandwiches Lately

Hot damn, I had a delicious sandwich yesterday at Grove, a new restaurant in Winnipeg. What makes me a fit to judge a sandwich, you ask? Well, dear reader, I am a bit of a sandwich connoisseur; I'm a girl who knows her sandwiches; Subway may well have stolen "sandwich artist" from me once tales of my sandwichy legend got 'round.

I believe that the most important part of a sandwich is the condiment; personally I'm partial to curry mayo and mango chutney and chipolte and cranberry-parsley anything, not all together of course (although... nope, not together); but the absolute number one condiment, that makes any savory food worth eating is grainy dijon. Oh baby, grainy dijon is one of my most favourite things in this world.

After the condiments is doesn't really matter what kind of sandwich it is; a curried chick-pea, roasted chicken and curried green apple, mango chutney grilled cheese with bacon, turkey and stuffing and cranberry mayo with goat cheese...

Anyway, I am so distracted by sandwiches I seem to have lost myself... Ah, yes my sandwich yesterday. It was a cold roast beef sandwich with arugula and horseradish mayo. Delicious. Maybe not the best part of my day but certainly the best thing I ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment