Sunday, September 26, 2010

10 recipes that I will be making this fall...

In an effort to be more goal oriented, I'm making lists of various things I want to do.and posting them here for others as a way of being (somewhat) accountable for actually following through with the things I set out to accomplish.  I love to bake, probably because I've always associated baking with leisure time and cooking with work.   It's one thing to spend your Saturday making brownies, and another thing altogether to come home at the end of a long, hard day and think about filling your belly.  I want to make cooking meals as much of a joy as baking is, and the shift from summer into fall always signifies new beginnings, no matter how long it's been since you left school.  In my opinion, it's a more natural time of the year to make resolutions and set new goals and challenges for yourself.  And I love cooking in the fall, it's the perfect time of year for all of my favourite ingredients and dishes: earthy mushrooms, sweet squashes, hearty chillies and curries.  So here, in no particular order, is my little challenge: 10 meals that I will make this fall.  Stay tuned for the results...

1.  Butternut Squash and Coconut curry via: Love and Olive Oil
2.  Mark Bittman's Easy Pad Thai via: the kitchn
3.  Herbes de provence Roast Chicken via From Me To You

4.  Turkey and zucchini green chili via : Closet Cooking


5.  Thai Shrimp Curry via : Steamy Kitchen

6. Warm mushroom pasta with citrus-soy dressing via: Discovery Health
7. Sag Panner via: New Asian Cuisine
8. Homemade potato chips (technically a snack) via Not Without Salt
9. Lentil sweet potato soup via: The Gluten-free Scallywag


10.  Bacon ice cream with a hint of maple via: delicious days

Okay, so the last one is technically not a meal, either... but, it does contain bacon!  And combined with #8 on my list, could be a movie night/junk food/pms kind of meal... and anyways, it's my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment