Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Doris and Mona and the Case of the Doppelgängers by Alex and Allison

Doris and Mona is a segment brought to you by Alex and her friend Allison and accessories and props from the store they work at. These are the displays they make, and these are their stories. 

Doris: Mona, there's something about those two women that is making me feel uneasy. 

Mona: The ones in the trenches that don't look  as though they breath? I don't know how I know that, I can just imagine...

Doris: Yes, and the more youthful hats and scarves. Wait, how did you know the jackets don't breath?

Mona: We used to have a pair just like them, don't you recall? You chose black to accentuate your red hair... It's almost as if... No, that's impossible!

Doris: What, Momo?! What, is it that has you so troubled?!

Mona: It's nothing! Nothing! But... Don't you remember, Dorrie, how fond you were of painting your nails with dark polish? Oh, how it bothered Mother! And, emerald was your favourite because it matched your rings that Bertram brought back from Borneo? 

Doris: MONA. What. Are. You. Saying.

Mona: Nothing, nothing! Forget I said anything! It would be madness! This must be like that time at Marigold and Chester's when they served 100% proof liquor they'd bought off that Russian whaler; I must be hallucinating!  

Doris: But Momo, remember our sobriety pledge to the Church in exchange for the map? You haven't had a sip of alcohol since Monday! This is real! This must be the omen that the palm reader warned us of! 

Mona: We know what needs to be done then, if it is indeed what Calpurnia prophesied, we know what we must do.

Doris: Oh Mona, I'm not ready! I didn't truly believe this day would ever come...

Mona: Nonsense, Doris, you are strong! You are ready, you've always been ready! 

Doris: I love you, Momo! 

Mona: Dorrie, I love you. Oh, damn this curse! Damn this cruel fate! I love you! Now, let's finish what father was never brave enough to do and –

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment