Friday, May 25, 2012

Doris and Mona Have an Awkward Lunch by Alex and Allison

Doris and Mona is a segment brought to you by Alex and her friend Allison and accessories and props from the store they work at. These are the displays they make, and these are their stories. 


Doris: Where's mother.

Mona: (clears throat) There is something we need to talk about.

Doris: Yes. But where is mother. Is she hurt? Is she not coming? I brought her this card. And a gift.

Mona: Mother isn't coming. But that is beside the point.

Doris: It's a tiny crystal circus bear.

Mona: What.

Doris: The gift. I bought her a tiny crystal circus bear. For her collection.

Mona: I see. That collection is horrendous.

Doris: I agree but it seems to bring her great joy. And how is it beside the point that she isn't joining us? It's mother's day. She is our mother. I mean, really, this is classic mother. Forever leaving us. Forever ignoring. Where is that girl? I ordered my drink eons ago.

Mona: (takes a sip of her martini) Good gracious, Dorrie, pull yourself together. You're the one who is always demanding freshly picked orange blossoms.

Doris: There are things I will not settle for in life, Mona, one of those things is stale orange blossoms. You of all people know that. I learned it from you. (waves her hands) You've taught me everything I know!

Mona: It's a spritzer for Christ's sake!

Doris: That's what the problem is, isn't it! Not the oh-so-lofty demands of quality but that I'm drinking a lowly spritzer!

Mona: SPRITZERS ARE WATERED DOWN TABLE WINE.


Doris: I'm just a little fevered still from last night.

Mona: I am sorry, Dorrie, if my tone was harsh. You know how I get. I too am fevered. Let us agree that absinthe and Syrian sailors and Bulgarian chorus girls will only result in us waking up and feeling out of sorts.

Doris: Oh, I hate quarrelling with you! Let's not speak of it again. Or of that positively wicked evening spent on that ocean liner (winks). Why isn't our mother here, Momo? Why has she opted yet again to shun us?

Mona: Your mother isn't shunning you, mine is. (takes a deep breath) Doris, there is something I need to tell you. That I should have told you so long ago...

(to be continued...)

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your long links with AdFly and receive $$$$$ for every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete