Monday, December 13, 2010

Pompom Math

IMG_0425

+


IMG_0445

x


IMG_0450

=


IMG_0454


IMG_0455


IMG_0456


IMG_0458

Lily was confused by my crafting activity this week, perhaps because the pompoms I made bear a striking resemblance to a certain mop-topped shih-tzu...
Anyhoo, after seeing this straw and pompom garland over on elsie marley, I decided to try and make one of my own.  Instead of natural straw, I used these pretty paper straws by Kikkerland, for a retro look.
Making the pompoms without a tool was fast and easy, and a very relaxing craft to do while watching TV on Saturday morning, when I was feeling (only a little) feverish after our night at the pub.  You can trim the pompoms down to perfectly round little orbs, but I decided to leave them as is.  I really like how it turned out (and so did Lily).  I can't wait to hang this garland on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment