Monday, November 14, 2011

"I am Over the Passivity of Good Men. Where the Hell are You?" THIS x10000 Posted by Alex Snider

The best thing you will read today (possibly this week, maybe this month), from The Huffington Post:
I am over violence against women not being a #1 international priority when one out of three women will be raped or beaten in her lifetime -- the destruction and muting and undermining of women is the destruction of life itself.
No women, no future, duh.
I am over this rape culture where the privileged with political and physical and economic might, take what and who they want, when they want it, as much as they want, any time they want it.
I am over the endless resurrection of the careers of rapists and sexual exploiters -- film directors, world leaders, corporate executives, movie stars, athletes -- while the lives of the women they violated are permanently destroyed, often forcing them to live in social and emotional exile.
I am over the passivity of good men. Where the hell are you?
You live with us, make love with us, father us, befriend us, brother us, get nurtured and mothered and eternally supported by us, so why aren't you standing with us? Why aren't you driven to the point of madness and action by the rape and humiliation of us?
I am over years and years of being over rape.
And thinking about rape every day of my life since I was 5-years-old.
And getting sick from rape, and depressed from rape, and enraged by rape.
Holy smokes, this is a fucking amazing read. Eve Ensler, fuck yeah. Read the whole thing. Then read it again. Then maybe we could start a fund to rent out billboards and bus shacks and sky-writing planes so everyone could read it. Oh baby, I'm all riled up. Incredible; just perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment