Friday, April 15, 2011

Produced by Magical Elves

Gallery Girl

Last summer, the Bravo-produced reality series Work of Art was my serious "guilty-but-not-so-guilty-because-I-don't-believe-in-guilty-pleasures-pleasure" You know? It was everything that I love/ hate about the art world, and just when I thought it couldn't get any better/worse, comes THIS:

From the Bravo press release:

“Gallery Girls”
Produced by Magical Elves with Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz as Executive Producers
Gallery Girls is a docu-series following the lives of 6 young, 20-something women that work in New York City’s hippest art galleries. By day they juggle the stresses of their demanding bosses, maneuver through the complicated world they find themselves in and struggle to figure out how to get ahead in a business with so few opportunities to rise up the ranks. By night they are out at the hippest clubs, bars and art scene functions as they juggle their personal friendships, romantic relationships and art world acquaintances. For all these girls, their love for NYC is unwavering but their footing in the art world is anything but solid. Is this what they really want? Will they be able to survive in this business?

Ugh. This sounds terrible. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip.

    I love these shows and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it. :)

    ReplyDelete